The Faerus Ltd's website (this "Website") is operated and owned by Faerus Ltd. By consulting the Website, you agree to the below regulations.
It is for general information purposes only. It should not be relied upon as legal advice nor as a substitute for legal counsel.
Users of the Website should seek specific legal advice before taking any actions with respect to the matters discussed therein. Faerus Ltd shall not be held liable with respect to actions taken, or not taken, based on the contents of this Website.
Faerus Ltd is not engaged in rendering legal services or advice by providing the information and materials on this Website. Neither receipt of information presented on this Website, nor any email or other electronic communication is to be considered as creating an attorney-client relationship or as rendering of legal advice for any specific matter.
While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate, Faerus Ltd is not responsible and accepts no liability for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the content of this Website or for the results of its use. Faerus Ltd does not endorse, and is not responsible for the contents of any website referred to by or accessible from the Website. Potential links are provided for informational purposes only and are accessed at the user's own risk.
All materials, including photographs, designs, and publications that are part of this website are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights and all rights remain reserved to the rights owner. The unauthorized reproduction, distribution or retransmission of the material contained on the Website is prohibited.
Please note that email communication is neither safe nor confidential and may be subject to technical or operational interferences. Moreover, we cannot represent you until we ensure that doing so does not create a conflict of interest. Accordingly, you should not send us any confidential information by email until you speak with one of our lawyers. Faerus Ltd cannot guarantee a timely reaction to instructions received via email and does not accept any liability for the infringement of confidentiality and/or the attorney-client privilege due to email communication.
This Website, and access to this Website, are governed by the substantive laws of Switzerland. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Website or your use of this Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Geneva, Switzerland.
Faerus Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information that is provided to us or collected by us during the course of our business (the "Personal Data"). We protect and process your Personal Data in compliance with the Swiss Data Protection Act and any other applicable data protection laws and regulations including, to the extent applicable, the European General Data Protection Regulation.
We process your Personal Data (such as, but not limited to, name, email and postal address, telephone number, language, job title, business affiliations, and content of the communication) as follows:
- We process the Personal Data you provide to us when communicating with us. The Personal Data may relate to you, as well as to your employees, representatives and/or agents;
- When providing our legal services, we collect and process Personal Data about our clients, counterparties and/or third parties;
- We collect certain Personal Data (such as, but not limited to, your IP address, your geographic location, the search terms you enter on this Website and your browser type) when you visit this Website by using cookies;
- In some instances, we will collect Personal Data from publicly available sources, such as, but not limited to, online media or employer websites, for the purpose of confirming the information you provided to us or obtaining further information to enable us to effectively communicate with you.
Purposes for processing Personal Data
We use Personal Data for the purposes of operating this Website, managing our relationship with you, providing our legal services, complying with our obligations to identify and verify the identity of our clients, as well as communicating with you, including to send you newsletters and invitations to events, training programs or lectures, to maintain our list of contacts and/or to provide you with any other information you may request from us. We do not monitor your behavior, track your physical location, or subject you to profiling or automated decision-making.
Legal basis of processing Personal Data
We only process your Personal Data to the extent that such processing is allowed by applicable laws and regulations. We will therefore process your Personal Data when:
- you have given your consent;
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you;
- it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation that we are subject to;
- we have legitimate interests in communicating with you, as a business contact, about our operations and our events; or
- there are any other grounds for lawful processing of your Personal Data under the applicable laws and regulations.
Protecting Personal Data
Faerus Ltd takes great care to ensure the security of Personal Data. We restrict the use and access to your Personal Data to those who have an absolute need-to-know to provide you with access to this Website, render legal services and/or communicate with you. We maintain technical and organizational measures to preserve the confidentiality of your Personal Data (in electronic and physical form), in particular to protect your Personal Data against improper use, accidental loss, destruction, falsification, manipulation and unlawful disclosure.
Cookies and Social Plug-Ins
We use plugins for the social network LinkedIn, which you can recognize by the logo which is placed on this Website. If you interact with this social network, the relevant information will be forwarded, and your visit recognized by it. Faerus Ltd has no influence over the scope of Personal Data that this social network collects using the plugins and you should refer to its individual policies for more details.
Recipients of Personal Data
As a rule, Personal Data will only be used by us and our technology suppliers (who are obliged to protect your Personal Data to the same extent as we are).
- you have consented to us doing so (where necessary) or the organization that you work for has obtained your consent for us to do so (where necessary);
- we are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so (for example, to comply with anti-money laundering or sanctions requirements); or
- it is necessary in connection with legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
We may use third parties who provide services on our behalf and may share your information with them.
Duration of the retention of Personal Data
Personal Data will be retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which they were collected. Personal Data relating to communications will be saved for as long as you are a business contact to us. We will further retain your personal data to comply with any applicable legal or regulatory retention obligations.
If you have any questions or would like to exercise your rights, please contact us in writing (email@example.com).